September – December (Fall Term)
January – March (Winter Term)
April – June (Spring Term)
- Complete Application Form and attach a recent photo.
- Determine your start date – we will let you know if there is a wait list.
- If you wish to change or add days, please speak with the office staff prior to the start of term.
- Note that some class sessions are on Japanese holidays – make sure to check the calendar.
- If you have any questions, please speak with the teacher or the office staff.
- For questions in Japanese, please contact the school office via email or call in the afternoon.
- If there is an emergency closure, you will be notified via your emergency email or by phone. There are no make-up classes for typhoons, earthquakes or snow.
- Instructional Play & Games
- Circle Time & Reading
- Group Activity or Craft
- Clean-up & Snack
- Closing Activities & Dismissal
- Please prepare a pair of indoor shoes (left at school).
- Please drop off and pick up your child promptly after each class.
- The student may enter the classroom at 3:25pm. Do not leave your child under 6 years old unattended before class begins.
- Students will not be allowed to enter after 4pm.
- If your child is crying, please remain with them outside the classroom until they are settled and then, they may be sent in.
- Please be on time – it is sometimes difficult for young children to enter a classroom after class has begun.
- Let us know if there is an alternative pick-up person in advance. Safety is our priority!
- Please do not send sick children to school. Call or email us to inform us about the absence. No make-ups.
- If a child falls asleep, they will be allowed to sleep.
- The teacher leads the class and the student is expected to do what is asked – i.e. sit down for Circle Time, remain at the table for table activities, etc. If they refuse to do an activity, they will not be allowed to do other things. Please inform your child about these expectations.
- Children can borrow a library book from the 4,000+ volume library each week.
- Student progress reports are completed each term to monitor progress in listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- The classroom is English-only, but Japanese speaking staff are available for “emergency” situations.
Class Discipline Policy
Students must listen to the teacher throughout the entire class. If a student does not listen to directions:
- There will be one verbal warning. If a child continues the behavior after the warning, they will be removed from the class. They will have a time-out in the school office for 5 minutes.
- They will be asked if they are ready to return to class. If yes, they are reminded that they must listen to the teacher.
- If there is a second warning, the child will be removed and the parent will be contacted to come and pick up their child. Parents will be informed if the behavior continues.
If you are regularly driving to the school and parking on YCS premises, please fill out a parking permit form for your car. You can get the parking registration form at the office.